It takes a lot of guts and willpower to overcome different types of academy experiences.
That’s why it’s appropriate to show appreciation to our friends and loved ones who will soon be joining a police department.
Before encountering challenging situations in their chosen profession, why not try to make their special day more memorable by giving police graduation gifts?
However, with many graduation gift ideas out there worthy of consideration, you might find it challenging to choose the correct ones.
- Police Academy Graduation Gifts: Starter Kit Gift Ideas
- 1. Handcuff Key: Zak Tool ZT9P Knurled Flat Grip Swivel Key Black
- 2. Key Ring Holder: Zak Tool ZT55 Key Ring Holder
- 3. Handcuffs: ASP Ultra Cuffs, Chain (Steel Bow)
- 4. Handcuff Case: Kydex Universal Handcuff Holder
- 5. Flashlight: J5 Tactical V1 PRO
- 6. Flashlight Holder: LIVANS Flashlight Carry Holster Case
- 5 Expensive ($100 and Above) Police Academy Graduation Gifts
- 3 Mid-Priced (From $50 to $100) Police Academy Graduation Gifts
- 7 Low-Priced (Less than $50) Police Academy Graduation Gifts
- 1. You Can’t Make This Stuff Up: Ridiculously Real Stories from Real Cops
- 2. Jenvio Thin Blue Line Police Tumbler
- 3. Botaro YouNique Designs Police Coffee Cup 11-Ounce Police Academy Graduation
- 4. Smith & Wesson M&P M100 Handcuffs
- 5. Shomer-Tec Escape Bracelet
- 6. Paracord Survival Bracelet Black Thin Blue Line
- 7. FunYan 7 Rows American Flag Coin Holder
- Which Academy Graduation Gifts Should I Pick?
Here are some ideas for police academy graduation gifts to help fulfill their duties better.
Police Academy Graduation Gifts: Starter Kit Gift Ideas
Although some supplies may be provided to rookie officers, giving them a set of high-quality starter gear will help them become more prepared.
1. Handcuff Key: Zak Tool ZT9P Knurled Flat Grip Swivel Key Black
Although ASP Ultra Cuffs requires a specific key, you still need handcuff keys for your standard-issued cuffs.
The Zak Tool ZT9P is one of the most popular and reliable handcuff keys you can find on the market today.
In general, the exceptional craftsmanship applied to the Zak Tool ZT9P makes it an appealing, traditional gift for police officers.
It features a stainless steel construction treated with heat to ensure the item will be just as strong as the cuffs themselves.
- Unlimited lifetime guarantee
- Easy to use
- Rotating key ring included
- May feel slightly flimsy during initial use
- Not all metal
2. Key Ring Holder: Zak Tool ZT55 Key Ring Holder
You must always be sure that the keys to your cuffs are always within your reach.
With the help of the Zak Tool ZT55, your keys are secured and ready for use anytime.
The construction of the holder’s spring clip prevents the ring from slipping off, which could otherwise result in losing the keys.
It blends seamlessly with your other accessories due to its monochromatic color scheme.
- Solid construction
- Extremely light
- Slightly larger than it needs to be
- Paint quality needs improvement
3. Handcuffs: ASP Ultra Cuffs, Chain (Steel Bow)
The brand has a decorated history of providing top-quality restraints to countless members of law enforcement.
If you’re looking for police gifts, you can’t go wrong with the ASP Ultra Cuffs.
The optimal strength and weight are due to the aluminum frame being extremely rigid yet lightweight.
Its bows are constructed to be highly radiused for enhanced injury prevention for both the subject and the officer.
Usage of the cuffs is easier and more secure because of the single-turn, dual-sided keyways.
- Smooth texture
- Great value for the money
- No holster included
- Won’t fit in standard cases
4. Handcuff Case: Kydex Universal Handcuff Holder
The most important accessory police officers must have is a handcuff holder, which allows fast deployment at any given moment.
This gift idea for police graduation is one of the few third-party holders that can accommodate ASP cuffs.
Extra retention is made possible by the removable and adjustable nylon snap closure.
This handcuff holder is designed to fit four different belt sizes, so you may not have to purchase a new one for this accessory.
- Safe and secured mount
- Excellent belt clip quality
- Lifetime warranty
- Break-in takes time
- The finishing could be better
5. Flashlight: J5 Tactical V1 PRO
A reliable flashlight can be the perfect gift, like the J5 Tactical V1-PRO.
That’s why it’s still one of the best gifts for police officers, especially those who have just finished the academy.
Your police friend or loved one will appreciate this gift as it can produce ultra-bright light on objects more than 500 feet away.
Besides exceptional light intensity, extreme toughness is what you can expect. The J5 Tactical V1-PRO can withstand a nine-foot drop or temporary exposure to heavy rain.
- Stylish design
- Compact size
- Battery not included
- Beam adjustment feature needs improvement
6. Flashlight Holder: LIVANS Flashlight Carry Holster Case
While our recommended flashlight model is by no means fragile, it’s advisable to put it inside a holder when not in use.
Police academy graduates and veterans should practice proper maintenance of tools to save money while avoiding inconvenience.
This holder’s clip design allows you to mount it easily on almost all types of belts.
You can also rotate the belt 360 degrees and lock it at different angles.
- Built to last
- Can accommodate numerous flashlight models
- Easy tail cap access
- Might be a bit bulky
- Questionable clip durability
5 Expensive ($100 and Above) Police Academy Graduation Gifts
1. Leatherman MUT EOD
The classic Swiss Army knife can do a lot of tasks, but for modern times, the Leatherman MUT EOD is the better option.
New and veteran police officers will appreciate the multitude of tools included, such as the C4 punch, electrical crimper, and fuse-wire cutters.
This tool can be a lifesaver for lots of critical situations.
Its compact size allows you to carry the item effortlessly in your belt, pouch, or pocket.
- Multiple replaceable parts
- Reliable locking mechanism
- Durable materials
- Heavier than it looks
- No casing included
2. FlagsForever Thin Blue Line Handmade American Wooden Flag
One of the best gifts for police academy graduates is this cool showpiece of patriotism.
The seller is one of the small business brands that operate locally.
You can put this decor in any room without compromising style, as its neutral colors can blend into any surface seamlessly.
It features carved stars that provide a more distinctive appearance than other wooden flags on the market.
- Customization available
- High-quality finishing
- Blue color barely visible
- Unimpressive mount construction
3. StandNtall Wall Mounted Tactical Duty Gear Rack With Police Flag
Storing police gear can be cumbersome, especially if you don’t have the luxury of having a spacious apartment.
This rack is highly recommended as a gift idea for graduates.
This rack can support multiple police gear without difficulty because of its sturdy wood material, from the top space to the side hooks.
The Blue Lives Matter logo is also prominently displayed to symbolize support for law enforcement officers.
- High-quality finishing
- Easy to mount
- Intuitive assembly
- Blue line may look purple
- Anchor screws may be slightly short
4. Govivo Thin Blue Line Wall Art Print
Nowadays, the anti-police sentiment has become more prominent.
You can show support for our men and women in uniform by giving or displaying this canvas that features a creative Thin Blue Line graphic.
The high-quality print ensures great message and graphics visibility and a lasting impression.
When you hang this print, your walls are well-protected from damage because it comes with plugs and sawtooth hangers.
- Made in the USA
- Multiple sizes available
- Offered with discount promos
- No frame
- May have limited stocks
5. Flags of Valor Challenge Coin Holder Wooden American Flag Wall Decor
Challenge coins are not something new graduates usually have.
Still, this coin holder is a fantastic police academy graduation because it can be a source of inspiration down the road.
Even without coins, the finishing quality of the backdrop allows it to be a nice wall decor in anyone’s home.
Besides the usual details, the veteran who made the flag will have his signature available on the back for a more personal and patriotic effect.
- Excellent frame quality
- Size options available
- Good hanging system
- Limited stock
- Very susceptible to damages during shipping
3 Mid-Priced (From $50 to $100) Police Academy Graduation Gifts
1. 5.11 Patrol Ready 40L Patrol Bag
Prevent bad experiences related to police gear and accessories storage transport with the help of a decent patrol bag.
The 5.11 Patrol Ready 40L is a reasonably-priced thoughtful gift that new and veteran officers will appreciate.
The all-weather polyester material ensures you’ll be using this bag for a long time, regardless of the climate.
You’ll also have a more convenient experience using this patrol bag because it’s designed for versatility and customization.
- Roomy main compartment
- Heavy-duty clips
- Size of water bottle pockets not ideal
- Heavier than it looks
2. Gerber Gear Multi-Plier 600
If you want to give a multi-purpose tool as a police academy graduation gift, there are a few choices better than this Gerber Gear product.
With 14 tools available on a single, compact tool, the Multi-Plier 600 is applicable not only for police officers but for essentially anyone.
It comes with a sheath to ensure the item is ready for use at a moment’s notice.
- Durable material
- Stylish design
- Made in the USA
- May be slightly stiff to open
- Finishing needs improvement
3. History of the American Police Officer 2″ Flat Frame
It’s always good to remember our history to remind us of our progress as a civilization.
This wall decor depicts the appearance of American police officers since its inception.
This decor features a glass window with double black matting to better highlight the picture’s details.
Its classic illustration of the officers and badge timeline perfectly encapsulates the evolution and legacy of our law enforcement.
- 100% made locally
- Great customer service
- High-quality print
- Mounting hardware needs improvement
- Limited stock
7 Low-Priced (Less than $50) Police Academy Graduation Gifts
1. You Can’t Make This Stuff Up: Ridiculously Real Stories from Real Cops
Despite the internet making it significantly easier to read about something, sometimes it’s more enjoyable to experience stories in an old-fashioned way.
Your fellow officer may find the contents of this 128-page book enjoyable yet helpful, especially if they are going through emotional issues.
The book doesn’t promise perfect grammar or a massive dose of unbelievable stories.
It’s a quick read that can help you relax or improve your mood after a long and stressful shift.
As the stories came from real-life police officers, you may realize that the Hollywood depiction of law enforcement is far from reality.
- Not just for cops
- Many funny stories
- Good paper quality
- Book cover design could be better
- Some entries may be too graphic
2. Jenvio Thin Blue Line Police Tumbler
Giving a tumbler is a common token of appreciation for coworkers.
However, when it has a thin blue line, it can be an ideal gift for those who just finished their police academy training.
This tumbler comes with two washable straws to help you reduce the use of plastic, disposable ones.
Thanks to its food-grade stainless steel material, cleaning is easier because the lid and cup are dishwasher-safe.
- Enhanced temperature retention
- Leak-resistant lid
- High-quality build
- Graphic quality could be better
- Decal on one side only
3. Botaro YouNique Designs Police Coffee Cup 11-Ounce Police Academy Graduation
Funny coffee mugs may not be a unique gift idea, but it still has the charm to put a smile on anyone.
This beverageware will certainly give your recent police grad recipient a good laugh.
Text and graphic details won’t fade out anytime soon as the sublimation process is nothing short of high-quality.
Furthermore, the font used on the print ensures that everyone can see the text easily.
- Dishwasher and microwave safe
- Secured packaging
- High-grade ceramic mug
- Photo and actual item size may vary
4. Smith & Wesson M&P M100 Handcuffs
One of the household names for police gear is Smith & Wesson.
Your recipient will undoubtedly be ecstatic once they receive the M&P M100 handcuffs.
Made from high-quality nickel, this Smith & Wesson handcuff ensures exceptional durability.
The number of possible locking positions ensures you’ll have an easier time putting them on to your subject.
- Ideal weight
- Excellent lever lock function
- Single bar design may need improvement
- Susceptible to scratches
5. Shomer-Tec Escape Bracelet
To be in harm’s way is part of being a law enforcement officer.
Experience and skills may get you out of certain situations, but it would be better if you also have the proper set of tools.
This bracelet is designed to expedite emergency egress from a vehicle’s rear or side mirror.
You can destroy tempered glass easily with a single strike using the bead of the device, ideal during difficult situations in a cramped space.
- Modest aesthetic
- Premium-grade striker bead
- Easy to use
- Knots may get untied easily
- Won’t work on laminated glass
6. Paracord Survival Bracelet Black Thin Blue Line
This paracord survival bracelet is a good choice if you prefer an affordable police-themed accessory.
Besides a first aid kit, you can be more prepared to face the dangers and unpleasant situations if you have a survival bracelet available at any time.
With this accessory, you’ll have a better chance of stabilizing an injured arm, leg, or shoulder or transporting a wounded victim in remote areas.
- Great value
- Decent construction
- No size option
- Blue line not very visible
7. FunYan 7 Rows American Flag Coin Holder
Inspire your recipient to earn multiple challenge coins, badges, and medals by gifting them this holder that features the thin blue line.
The finishing of this coin holder is exceptional, which may elevate the aesthetic quality of your desk or shelf.
With about 50 to 60-coin capacity, you won’t run out of space anytime soon.
- Excellent craftsmanship
- Ideal coin visibility
- Decent, sturdy material
- Blue line too dark
Which Academy Graduation Gifts Should I Pick?
All the gear items included in the featured starter kit are our pick for the best police academy graduation gifts.
They have the features a newcomer will find handy in fulfilling their duties as a law enforcement officer.
You may also consider gifting a FlagsForever Thin Blue Line Handmade American Wooden Flag if you want something more symbolic.
Whichever your choice is, your recipient will appreciate your token of support and appreciation.
Want to discover more options? Check out our guide, filled with additional lists focusing on gifts specially curated for police officers.